This historically accurate village takes you back in time to native Chickasaw villages. It includes many of the structures central to daily life – the council house, two summer houses, two winter houses, a corn crib, ceremonial mound and traditional stockade fence.
The Chikasha Inchokka’ (“Chickasaw house”) Traditional Village is a one-of-a-kind recreation of a real Chickasaw village. The structures, made from native woods and river cane, house a variety of activities and classes.
- Tours and nature walks
- Traditional garden
- Demonstrations of blowguns, archery, cooking
- Star gazing and eagle watching
- Master classes and language lessons
- Stomp dance, stickball and chunkey games
- Spirit lessons, storytelling and living histories
- Cultural classes and featured instructor presentations
- Food festivals